Retail Sales Associate (part-time)
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) is seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate to work in the Cabrillo Store located inside the Visitor Center at Cabrillo National Monument (Point Loma, San Diego).
CNMF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the premier supporter of science, education, cultural, and historical programs at Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego’s only National Park. Sales from the Cabrillo store fund these programs which are crucial to protecting and preserving the Park and enhancing the visitor experience for future generations. To learn more, visit https://cnmf.org.
- Greet, assist, engage with visitors in the Store
- Direct customers to products and suggest items they may be seeking
- Process sales utilizing point-of-sale system on registers
- Follow opening and closing register/drawer procedures
- Check store inventory on sales floor and fill up shelves/racks where needed
- Clean counters, sweep/vacuum as needed to maintain a desirable Store atmosphere
- Promote Foundation membership, events, and programs we support/fund for the Park
- Takes interest in outdoors, nature, preservation of nature, science, and/or history
- Follow rules and policies of National Park Service and Cabrillo National Monument Foundation
- Assist visitors and volunteers when needed
- Perform duties as requested by Store Manager or Executive Director
Retail Sales Skills:
Honest, listens, customer service, selling to customer needs, interest in product knowledge, people skills, positive demeanor, energetic, dependability, general math skills, verbal communication, job knowledge.
Retail Sales Qualifications:
- High school graduate required
- 1 year experience in retail sales preferred
- 1 year cashier experience preferred
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for a long period of time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
CNMF offers competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and retirement benefits.
To Apply: email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls or in-person inquiries please.
Company’s website: https://www.cnmf.org