Cabrillo National Monument Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced part-time Bookkeeper to join our team. Candidate will reconcile, organize, and maintain financials for retail, fundraising, and administrative operations.
Office is located at the Cabrillo National Monument with spectacular views of the San Diego city skyline and bay. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Account receivables and payables
- Daily cash receipts, credit card transactions, petty cash, and online sales/donation transactions
- Reconcile accounts to provide accurate monthly financial statements
- Weekly bank deposits and change orders for the store
- Check mail weekly at PO Box
- Bi-weekly payroll
- Submit retirement contributions
- Process and organize funding requests from National Park Service
- Pay monthly sales tax
- 1099 annual filing in January
- Maintain and organize physical and cloud-based files
- Strict confidentiality regarding proprietary and sensitive information with member and donor records, the National Park Service, and CNMF
- Administrative support and other duties as assigned
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation and an essential partner to the National Park Service (NPS) providing support to Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego’s only National Park. We provide support through retail sales at the Cabrillo Store inside the Visitor Center and through fundraising (i.e. membership program, donations). Visit www.cnmf.org to learn more about our organization and what we fund.
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
Part-time, flexible work schedule with some remote work
$25 – $30 hourly plus sick leave, 403b retirement matching program, store discount
• Expertise in QuickBooks
• Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience in accounting or bookkeeping
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google, and Adobe PDF products
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to/from Cabrillo National Monument
• Previous experience working for a nonprofit corporation
• Love and appreciation for national parks and public lands
To apply, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org new email. Please no phone calls or in-person follow-up or inquiries.