JOB ANNOUNCEMENT AND APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
STORE MANAGER, CABRILLO NATIONAL MONUMENT FOUNDATION
Join an enthusiastic and motivated team that is passionate about National Parks, protecting and preserving our natural resources, and enhancing the visitor experience. Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) is seeking a full-time, year-round, Store Manager with proven Supervisor experience managing retail operations. CNMF Store is located at Cabrillo National Monument inside the Visitor Center.
The Store Manager will supervise and schedule a dedicated sales associate team. They will work closely with an Assistant Store Manager to maintain and manage inventory, nurture and develop relationships with vendors, and work diligently with the Administrative Finance Manager to ensure accurate accounting of sales and inventory. The Store Manager will work with the Executive Director to identify products that enhance the visitor experience and interpret the unique resources of Cabrillo National Monument and, together, seek new opportunities for CNMF to offer products that are educational, innovative, and relevant to today’s customers. Most importantly, this position requires expertise in customer service and sales to ensure our visitors have a wonderful experience in the store and in the Park.
- Experience managing retail operations
- Experience working registers, cash out procedures, reconciliation, transaction problem solving, daily deposits
- Experience working with Point of Sales software (Quickbooks POS preferred)
- Experience managing, training, and scheduling sales associates
- Experience ordering, tracking, maintaining and managing store inventory
- Proven experience in customer service and sales
- Ability to move and lift inventory
- Reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
- Flexible schedule required to cover shifts, work one weekend day per week, and some evenings and holidays are required to work throughout year
Optional, but preferred:
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization or public lands organization
- Knowledge of Cooperating Associations and/or National Park operations
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with one required weekend shift per week and some required evenings throughout the year. CNMF offers competitive compensation and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include employer-paid health insurance for employee, 403(b), paid vacation leave, sick leave, and most holidays.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday, August 23 by 5:00 p.m.
Please no follow up calls or in-store inquiries. To learn more, visit www.cnmf.org and Facebook @cnmfoundation