Retail Sales Associate
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation (CNMF) is seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate to work in the Cabrillo Store located inside the Visitor Center at Cabrillo National Monument (tip of Point Loma).
CNMF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and the premier supporter of science, education, cultural, and historical programs at Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego’s only National Park. Sales made at the Cabrillo Store fund these Park programs which would not exist without the Foundation. Click here for more information about the specific programs we fund
– Greet, assist, engage with visitors in the Store
– Direct customers to products and suggest items they may be seeking
– Process sales utilizing point-of-sale system on registers
– Follow opening and closing register/drawer procedures
– Check store inventory on sales floor and fill up shelves/racks where needed
– Clean counters, sweep/vacuum as needed to maintain a desirable Store atmosphere
– Promote Foundation membership, events, and programs we support/fund for the Park
– Takes interest in outdoors, nature, preservation of nature, science, and/or history
– Follow rules and policies of National Park Service and Cabrillo National Monument Foundation
– Assist visitors and volunteers when needed
– Perform duties as requested by Store Manager or Executive Director
Retail Sales Skills:
Honest, listens, customer service, selling to customer needs, interest in product knowledge, people skills, positive demeanor, energetic, dependability, general math skills, verbal communication, job knowledge.
Retail Sales Qualifications:
– High school graduate
– Prior experience in retail sales
– Prior cashier experience
– Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
CNMF offers competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and retirement benefits. If you are interested in applying and meet the minimum qualifications, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls and no in-store inquiries.
This position is also posted on indeed.com