- This event has passed.
Above the Fireworks
July 4, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm$40.00 – $50.00
ABOVE THE FIREWORKS
See you next year!
opens IMAGE file opens IMAGE file
Come for the sunset, bring a picnic, and stay for the most spectacular fireworks viewing. In 2018, attendees watched about 13 fireworks shows taken place around San Diego County, which all could be seen from Cabrillo National Monument!
Arriving at Cabrillo National Monument:
It is a safety hazard for cars to be lined up waiting for the gate to open for an event. If you arrive before 6 p.m., you will be turned around so a line does not form at the gate and block street access to residents, emergency personnel or workers in the areas.
What to bring:
- Low profile chairs
- Blankets and jackets
- Picnic dinner (no alcohol allowed)
- Trash bag for taking trash home
Cabrillo National Monument is YOUR National Park. Please take care of it by respecting the following standards:
- Cabrillo National Monument is a smoke-free and vape-free park
- Cabrillo National Monument is a pack-it-in, pack-it-out park. Please take your trash home.
- No dogs allowed. Vehicles with dogs will not be admitted, except for service animals as defined by Title II and III of the Americans with Disabilities Regulations.
- Seating is limited to paved areas. Please do not sit in or trample planted areas.
As a consideration of other guests:
- Designated walkways must be kept clear at all times.
- Please refrain from playing music.
- Please do not block off large areas of space. Your ticket entitles you to the immediate area around your seats.
- Please do no stand in front of seated guests.
- Thirteen handicapped parking spaces are available on a first-come, first served basis, with the appropriate placard.
- No sitting or food on walls. Keep top of walls clear at all times.
Cabrillo National Monument Foundation is the premier supporter of interpretive, cultural, historical, scientific and educational programs and activities at Cabrillo National Monument, San Diego’s only National Park. This year’s event proceeds will support programs such as the Cabrillo Community Outreach Initiative (a program which takes the Park’s science and educational programs into the communities where underserved children live), EcoLogik (a science and technology summer camp specifically targeting underserved girls) and Conservation + Comics (a new youth program centered around art and conservation efforts). Without the funding provided by the Foundation through events, the Park could not sustain these types of youth programs. For more information about these programs and becoming a foundation member, visit www.cnmf.org.